I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year (2020), and the encompassing spirit of hope and vitality which each New Year brings. Firstly, I would like to acknowledge the staff and students for their individual and collective efforts in contributing to the realization of the University’s mandate to provide higher educational services in teaching, research, innovation and extension in 2019. It was a year filled with various landmarks and achievements, and this would not have been possible without your dedication and commitment to this great University. Looking ahead, 2020 should reflect a radical change in focus and attitude through a marked commitment to the University’s Core Values. These Values include:- fostering teamwork, innovation, networking, tolerance and a culture of peace, embracing excellence, transparency and accountability, practicing professionalism, meritocracy, equality, integrity and social justice, maintaining self-respect, discipline, responsibility, institutional loyalty, national patriotism and international competitiveness, continual improvement of services in order to remain competitive and relevant. The values should be the common aspects that inform the execution of our duties as we strive to deliver on our mandate. Please note that the University’s mandate provides numerous opportunities for personal and Institutional growth and development. It is up to us to interpret our mandate to our varied stakeholders as we encourage them to partner with the University to advance our objectives. Our efforts in technology development, incubation, transfer and commercialization will become the basis of our very existence, and the reason for our success. I urge each and every one of us this year to make that tangible contribution as we continue with our efforts to develop the University. Let us make 2020 The Year of strategic transformation of Moi University, with the following areas of focus:
1. Reforms in line with the aspirations of the Ministry of Education and Government.
2. Enhancement of postgraduate training, research and innovation in line with the Big FourDevelopment Agenda of our Country.
3. Improved service delivery through continued automation of our processes coupled with capacity building of the University’s workforce.
4. Improvement of the welfare of staff and students.
5. Repair, maintenance and development of infrastructure, plant and equipment.
6. Resource mobilization and financial re-engineering.
7. Forging for more strategic collaborations and partnerships to enhance training, research and development of the University.
8. Rebranding and marketing of the University.
We wish to acknowledge and thank God for the wisdom that enabled us to stay committed to our mandate during the course of 2019. May God bless and guide you all as we strive to effectively implement the mandate imparted upon us.
I thank you.
Source: Moi University