Thug Shot Dead, G3 Rifle and Pistol Recovered

One week after Police gunned down two notorious thugs in Narok town; another thug was last night shot dead, a G3 riffle and one pistol recovered.

Two suspects, Keriako Kisirian and Samati Kuraru, where also arrested in the incident that led to the recovery of several assorted goods among them mobile phones and new clothes.

Speaking to the press this morning in his office, the area OCPD Joseph Kisombe said the gun recovered is one that had been stolen from an Administration Police Camp in Duka Moja on October 19th this month.

The thugs had modified the gun in a way they could carry it easily, but we could easily identify it because of the serial number, he said.

Kisombe said the chase began noon when the thugs broke into a shop in Ololopil, Narok North Sub County and stole some goods, saying however, the members of the public made a chase after them.

The public notified the nearby police post who joined them in the chase and managed to arrest two of them.

At one point, the thugs threatened the public with a pistol, but they dared them and got hold of two, while other two escaped on a motorbike, he said.

On realizing that those who had escaped were also armed, the police alerted their colleagues at Narok Town police station, who beefed up those on the ground.

The two arrested helped in giving the mobile phone numbers of their colleagues who had escaped, which made it easy for the police to trace them, continued Kisombe.

At around midnight, the police traced the thugs to Ntulele area, Narok East Sub County where they were riding on a motorcycle.

One was shot on the spot while the other managed to escape. The police recovered the G3 rifle from the dead thug.

Kisombe said they will request the court to give time for investigations before the two are charged as they have confessed having killed while committing robbery.

The incident comes barely a week after two thugs were gunned down by police after an ambush in their hideout at Limanet quarry in the outskirts of Narok town.

The thugs are linked to series of robberies in major trading centers in Narok town and have been on police radar for the last one month.

According to Kisombe, the police have been trailing the gang for some time, as they have been linked to the killing of a trader in Duka Moja trading center in Narok East.

In the last week incident, the police recovered two home-made guns from the deceased while two others escaped into the nearby thickets.

On the eve of Mashujaa day, another two suspected robbers were shot dead by police at Total area in a botched attempt to break into a supermarket along Narok-Bomet road while armed with crude weapons.

Source: Kenya News Agency