Suspected gangster shot dead in Mlolongo

A suspected gangster was Friday night shot dead in Mlolongo phase three estate in Mavoko Sub-county of Machakos.

The unidentified man died after Administration Police officers engaged the gangster and his accomplices in a frenzied fire exchange.

The officers confronted the criminals after a resident reported at the Mlolongo Police Station that he had been robbed with violence.

James Orindo, aged 38 reported the robbery and violence case at the Mlolongo Police Station and obtained OB NO 63/06/10/2017.

Confirming the incident, Athi River OCPD, Sharma Wario said patrol parties were alerted and the search for the robbers launched.

Mr. Wario said the officers caught up with the thugs at Mlolongo phase three, near the dumping site area and challenged them after introducing themselves.

He said the suspects upon noticing the officers started firing indiscriminately aiming at the officers who retaliated

The OCPD said one of the suspects was fatally injured while the rest mingled with members of the public and disappeared into the darkness.

He disclosed that the gangsters dropped one Sonai television set, one computer key board, one simi sword, one homemade pistol and a black berret.

Wario said that the items that were abandoned by the thugs were positively identified by the complainant, adding that his officers are following leads in pursuance of the fleeing robbers.

According to Orindo, a group of about five robbers forced open the door of his house at about 8.40 pm.

Two of the robbers, some of who were dressed in clothes similar to those worn by disciplined forces were armed with pistols, one a simi sword and the others with metal bars, read the statement in part

He said the robbers who were armed threated to shoot him if he dared to raise an alarm. They physically assaulted and ordered him to surrender all valuables including cash.

They robbed him of cash amounting to Sh38, 200, one Sonai television set valued at Sh.11, 000 and one Dell computer valued at Sh. 9, 000.

It was after they left that he rushed and reported the incident at the nearby Mlolongo police station.

The body of the deceased was taken to Nairobi’s City Mortuary awaiting a postmortem and identification.

Source: Kenya News Agency