Sodomy Suspects Fail to Raise Bond

A 19 year old boy who was accused of sodomizing a 16 year old boy of Grasslands primary school in Kitale was remanded after he failed to raise a bond of Sh. 300,000.

Felix Otieno Ochieng alias Abot had pleaded not guilty to the offence of performing inhumane act and assault causing actual bodily harm on the minor on March 18, 2018.

Ochieng who appeared before Kitale Resident Magistrate Mary Osoro was accused of intentionally sodomizing a 16 year old standard eight pupil between December 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017 at Shauti Estate in Kipsongo village in Kitale.

He was, however, remanded at Kitale Farm Prison after failing to raise the amount.

The case will be mentioned on April 20, 2018 and heard on July 17, 2018.

Further investigations from Grassland primary school indicate that some 19 pupils have allegedly been recruited in the act.

The teachers had told the press in their school two weeks ago that they were counseling the 19 pupils at the school.

The matter came into the limelight when the victim confided to teachers that a man assaulted him after he discovered that he was in another relationship with another man.

Medical reports seen by KNA showed that the boy has been sodomized and assaulted.

The school headmaster, Mr. Wahome Ngunyi, said teachers discovered the practice in the school early last year.

The pupils however had told the press that the act started in 2016. Abot is a former pupil of the school who sat his KCPE last year.

Source: Kenya News Agency