Kiambu County Commissioner Wilson Wanyanga has asked residents of the area to take advantage of the one week extension announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta to register for the Huduma Number.
Wanyanga said the period before the extension of the registration exercise saw long queues that went beyond control, a scenario that should not be repeated.
They should not return to their comfort zones expecting that there will be more time after the end of the one week extension period that was given by the President on Friday, a day before the deadline that had been set aside of May 18 2019, Wanyanga cautioned.
Following the announcement of the extension on Friday, the administrator regretted that the number of those turning up for the exercise had extremely gone down by more than 20,000 people, the administrator said while addressing the Rapid Action Plan for Kiambu County to prevent and Counter Violent Extremism at a resort in Ruiru.
Those who registered on Friday were 68,411 people from the 13 sub-counties of Kiambu compared to a paltry 45,429 who turned up for the exercise on Saturday upon learning that they had been given more time to show up at registration centres.
According to the data provided to KNA this morning, only people in Thika East appear to have appreciated the extension as they suffered a variance of -667 on their target 1198 by registering 551 people.
Others are Kiambu sub-County with a daily target of 5,096 had registered 3,307 and had a variance of -1789. Kikuyu with a target of 6,314 registered 4,279 and had a deficit of -2,035 people while Juja sub-county which was expected to register 8,911 suffered a deficit of -2360 after it only managed to register 6,551 people.
Other sub-counties equally performed poorly as follows, Githunguri with a target of 5,004 registered only 2671 and had a deficit of -2333, while Limuru sub-county with a target of 8,911 only managed 6,551 falling short with -2,360 people. Juja Sub-County was shy of reaching their 8,911 daily target by 2,360 when only 6,551 were captured in the log. Ruiru Sub-county fell short by a massive 3,660 by registering 8,781 people of the expected 12,444 people.
The highest casualty was Kiambaa sub-county which registered 4,128 against an expected 7,919 thus suffering a deficit of -3,791 people.
Thika West sub-county recorded 4,470 of the expected 7,100 (-2,630), Gatundu North registered 1,404 of the expected 4,659 (-3,255) Gatundu South, of the expected 3099, only 2,336 turned up leaving out (-763).
Lari sub-county which was expected to record 3,630 registered 1,711 (-1,919) while Kabete sub-county registered 2,930 out of the expected 4,404 (-1,474) bringing a total of those registered to 1,934,316 people compared to the previous number on Friday May17 of 1,888,887 people.
He said such figures are not interesting considering that the exercise was coming to an end on Saturday 18.
He however expressed optimism that those who were yet to get their numbers would turn up en masse from today so that they avoid the last minute rush.
Source: Kenya News Agency