Four men die in a phone fight.

Three young men who stabbed a student at St. Pauls’ university who was at the time a bouncer in a Limuru club were lynched by an angry mob in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

The murdered student/bouncer who was identified as Kelvin Kimani alias professor was stabbed several times by a three man gang when he intervened to stop a fight between some patrons and the three man gang when they tried to steal a phone from a patron.

According to Peter Kariuki who witnessed the incident, the three young men aged between 18-21 years old came into the club and grabbed a mobile phone from a customer and stabbed the bouncer when he intervened to stop the commotion .

In the process, the gang engaged into a nasty fight with the bouncer and ended up stabbing him three times in the stomach. He died on the spot due to excessive bleeding”, he explained.

The eye witness added that immediately the three realized the bouncer was dead they took off .

Customers in the club raised the alarm and started shouting for help.

The commotion attracted some boda boda operators around the area who pursued the three killers and caught up with them at Kwambira market and took them back to the club.

Speaking to KNA at the murder scene Mr. Francis Ndung’u one of the bodaboda operators said that he was at his usual place of work when his friend informed him of the incident.

We heard some noise outside the club and after we were told what had happened we took off to hunt the killers down. We later arrested them and brought them back here. By then the place was already full of people milling around to have a glimpse of what was taking place, he said.

The killers were not luck because immediately the angry mob seized them and administered mob justice on them and set them ablaze using tires.

They were burnt beyond recognition as onlookers stared in disbelief.

Hours later, police officers came, collected the bodies and took them to Tigoni Hospital Mortuary for identification and post-mortem.

The officers from Redhill police Station condoned off the area before removing the bodies and assured residents that investigation will be carried out to determine the real cause of the fight.

The owner of the phone which was the genesis of the fight that caused the 4 deaths is yet to be identified.

Source: Kenya News Agency