Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth Fellows

San Juan, Jan. 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Open Society Foundations are pleased to announce the 2020 recipients of the Puerto Rico Youth Fellowships, which support young Puerto Rican leaders working to elevate justice, promote human rights, and help underserved communities in Puerto Rico. The fellowship program, now in its second year, recognizes 10 […]

"Open Society Foundations Announce 2020 Puerto Rico Youth Fellows"

Narok Learners Yet To Report Back To School

Education PS Dr. Belio Kipsang has called for a combined effort in ensuring five percent of learners who have not reported back to school countrywide have been accounted for. Dr. Kipsang underscored the need to involve the security officers, chiefs, village elders, teachers and churches to search for the few learners who have not yet resumed learning, a week after the schools countrywide reopened for the second term. “President Uhuru Kenyatta has already directed that…

"Narok Learners Yet To Report Back To School"

Multi-Agency Team School Tours Yields Commendable Results

The return to school in West Pokot County has realized remarkable improvement since a multi-agency team led by Labour Principal Secretary Peter Tum and his ICT counterpart Jerome Ochieng toured the region to rally stakeholders to ensure learners report back to school after full reopening last week. Speaking to KNA on Thursday, the County Director of Education Jacob Onyiego said the overall percentage return to school for both primary and secondary was as per January…

"Multi-Agency Team School Tours Yields Commendable Results"

Kirinyaga Posts Impressive School Turnout

School turn out rate in Kirinyaga County standards at 98 percent. Lands PS Nicholas Muraguri however said the whereabouts of the remaining 2 percent of children in the area, who are yet to report back to school remained unknown. Muraguri who spoke to the media after making an impromptu inspection of various schools in the county Wednesday, said arrangements have been put in place to go for the children who are yet to report back…

"Kirinyaga Posts Impressive School Turnout"

Account For All Learners

School heads in Nyeri County will have to account for all learners who, owing to various reasons have not reported back to schools. Elaborate tracking systems have been put in place to ensure that learners who are yet to report back are traced and their parents taken to task to explain the reasons behind their absenteeism. Area County Commissioner Lyford Kibaara says school heads have been directed to compile a comprehensive report on the number…

"Account For All Learners"

Teachers Urged To Integrate Prevention Of Covid-19 Messages

Teachers have been urged to integrate messages of prevention of Covid-19 protocols as guided by the Ministry of health during their daily lesson presentations to learners to enable them fully comply. This advice was given by Prof. Collette Suda, Principal Secretary (PS) for Gender during a 2-day tour in Nyamira County. She was accompanied by her counterparts Hellen Mochache (Health) and Dr. Kevit Desai (East African Community). “Covid- 19 is here with us to stay…

"Teachers Urged To Integrate Prevention Of Covid-19 Messages"