At least five people were killed in a suspected Boko Haram suicide attack in Fotokol in the Far North Cameroon on Monday, sources said.
The publisher of L’il du Sahel which spotlights on the northern region, Mr Guibai Gatama, said the dead included the two female suicide bombers.
He said one of the bombers blew herself up near the big mosque of Goni Moustapha, while the other was killed.
The Cameroon government had yet to make an official statement relating to the latest attack, but a senior official of the military based in the area, confirmed it.
One group claimed responsibility, but the Nigerian militia group, Boko Haram was highly suspected to be behind the attack.
A contingent of Chadian troops that had been in Cameroon for the past 11 months fighting the jihadist group returned home on Saturday.
An 8,700 strong Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF)omprising troops from Cameroon, Chad, Nigeria and Niger against the jihadist group will be operational soon.
SOURCE: AFRICA REVIEW