JAKARTA, Indonesia, Oct. 15, 2015 / PRNewswire — Mobile network operator Telkomsel Indonesia the largest mobile operator in South East Asia has teamed up with Verifone Mobile Money and Finnet Indonesia to introduce TCash Tap to merchants across Indonesia, allowing Telkomsel’s more than 140m subscribers to tap and pay using their mobile device.
The rollout which includes fast food, cinema and supermarkets will accept any NFC enabled device and enable users with the TCash mobile wallet to ‘tap and pay’ in thousands of merchants across Indonesia including McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Coffee Bean, Baskin Robins, 7 Eleven, Cinema XXI, GraPARI, Alfamart and Indomaret stores (http://digitalpayment.telkomsel.com).
Verifone Mobile Money’s software enables mobile phones and merchant terminals to seamlessly connect to the TCash wallet enabling ‘tap and pay’ with your mobile for everyday purchases. Finnet connectivity provides the mobile user access to Indonesia’s Banks nationwide. Finnet facilitates interbank connectivity, supporting a wide range of payment types and acceptance options.
Commenting on the launch, Chris Jones, Chief Executive of Verifone Mobile Money said “this launch has enabled contactless mobile payments in Indonesia to move into the mainstream with more and more consumers seeing the value of using their mobile device to purchase everyday items. We have concentrated on delivering a world first solution to Telkomsel with integrated loyalty enabling Telkomsel and its partner merchants to offer a wide range of ‘tap and pay’ offerings.”
Chief Executive of Finnet Indonesia, Niam Dzikri said “the demand for e-money services is increasing in Indonesia fueled by the government desire for a cashless Indonesia. Indonesia has launched the Gerakan Nasional Non Tunai (GNNT) program (the national movement of non-cash). With Finnet’s experience in electronic payments coupled with the solution from Verifone Mobile Money we will enable Indonesia to move towards its goal of being a cashless economy.”
Verifone Mobile Money Asia Private Ltd: PT. Finnet: Marketing Communications Noercahyo Setiabudi email@example.com SM Corporate Communication & Protocoler PT. Finnet Indonesia Ph: +1 415 439 5232 Phone: 021 82 999 Fax: 021 81 999 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About VeriFone Mobile Money (www.verifonemobilemoney.com)
VeriFone Mobile Money is a joint venture between VeriFone Systems Inc. and Youtap Limited to provide complete mobile money solutions designed to meet the needs of mobile operators for telco-based money transfer and payment services in developing markets.
About PT. Telkomsel (http://digitalpayment.telkomsel.com)
- Telkomsel is Indonesia’s largest mobile operator with more than 140 million subscribers. To serve customers all over Indonesia, including in remote areas, outer islands and border areas, PT. Telkomsel has built more than 88,000 BTSs. PT. Telkomsel has consistently implemented technology roadmap of 3G, HSDPA, HSPA +, as well as being the first mobile operator in Indonesia to commercially launched the 4G LTE services. In entering the digital era, one of PT. Telkomsel’s programs is to build broadband city in Indonesia, with now reaching 369 cities. To serve the needs of customers, PT. Telkomsel operates a 24-hour call center and more than 400 service centers GraPARI across Indonesia.
About PT. Finnet (www.finnet-indonesia.com)
- Finnet Indonesia was established on October 31, 2005 with a 60% stake owned by PT. Telecommunications Indonesia, the remaining 40% is owned by Tbk. (Cq. PT. Multimedia Nusantara) and Bank Indonesia Yayasan Kesejahteraan Karyawan Bank Indonesia (cq. PT. Mekar Prana Indah). PT Finnet Indonesia focus is the provision of IT infrastructure, applications and content to serve the needs of information systems and financial transactions for the banking industry and other financial services.
- Finnet Indonesia has 3 business portfolio’s (1) Aggregator bill payment, (2) electronic payment platform and (3) online payment solutions. PT Finnet is ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and PCI DSS certified for their Electronic Data Capture (EDC) and the Internet Payment Gateway services.